Monday 2 August 2010

Sea Change

Ok, so, this last week has been a hell of a ride, as weeks go. There's been a whole load of shifts, and some pretty big decisions made.

Among them has been the decision to drop the English PhD that I've been working on, and instead, make a go of it writing full-time.

I realise I'm in a really privileged position to be able to do that, and, without sounding like an aknowledgements page, I'd like to say that I couldn't do this without the love and support of my friends and family, to whom I'm immensely grateful.

As far as this blog goes, this will probably mean a slight shift in focus away from quite so much loud and shouty feminism - simply because I'm not going to be exposed to as much.
There will, however be more arts-and-writing related stuff; (which is what this blog was originally set up for) and there may even be reviews and possibly even some original fiction.

Inasmuch as I have readers here, I hope you guys stick with me. Who knows? You may even enjoy it...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, sounds exciting - hope things are going well for you. Catch up soon.

    Clare

    ReplyDelete